Saturday, July 24, 2010

I can't stop chewing on the inside of my lips...?

I chew on the inside of my lips when I am bored or nervous or anxious. I pull the skin off with my teeth, sometimes until my lips bleed. I can't stop. I've tried. Help!I can't stop chewing on the inside of my lips...?
I do the same thing as everyone is saying (including pushing my lips to the other side of my face when I chew the inside of my cheeks). I sometimes pick and peel the skin off my lips with my nails. It is a nervous habit from stress or just trying to keep your hands busy. Especially in the winter when your lips are dry and cracked anyway. Once the flesh is torn up, the little pieces become painfully distracting and you keep doing it, I know!





I keep a thick layer of lip balm on and remind myself that it can lead to scarring, mouth ulcers, infections and possibly cancer when the natural barrier of protection is torn off, exposing vulnerable tissue and blood vessels!


I had to self-discipline to stop. Try gum or a mint candy. I also twirl my hair to keep my hands busy. Reading can help too.


Try to avoid a stressful situation that triggers the biting reaction.


Once you get your lips healed, the smoothness will help keep you from doing it, at least that's what helps me.I can't stop chewing on the inside of my lips...?
yuppp i know how this goes. Try biting the inside of your cheek. It's so hard to stop this habit! I've been doing it for years. Don't bite the outside of your lips, but the inside of your cheek. Then, it's less visible and you can bite even more. lol :)
i do that all the friggin time.. thought i was the only one. --- what helps me is to quote phillipines 4:6-7 a few times and it calms me down. cause i only do that when i'm worryin
I do that too sometimes.


Its a habit phase that comes and goes.


Just give it a while I guess.
OMG I Do Thee Same Thing..But I Dont Kno How TO Help And I Always Put MY Lips On The Side Of My Face

No comments:

Post a Comment