Monday, July 26, 2010

What is wrong with my lips?

My lips and the front part of my mouth are consistantly dry... The skin around my lips in particular hurt unless I apply carmex, blistex, or something else. As a guy, this is a very irritating problem. Does anyone have an answer? I looked for possible issues.. I don't lick my lips anymore.. They have turned the skin around my them ';sore pink';, and they are not very attractive.What is wrong with my lips?
Okay I work for a dermatologist and we see this problem regularly. Carmex and blistex and anything you get form a grocery store has agents in it that peels away the skin what we always suggest is three things. At wal-mart or grocery store use petroleum jelly or a product called udder balm ( farmers use it on milk cows to keep there udders from being sore) It sound ridiculious it really works. If you have an ulta or a sephora (women normally know where these are) there is a lip balm Called called ';Smith's Rosebud Salve'; it is in a metal jar. It is amazing! The last one should cure it no problem!!


Common products that just sluff of skin include: Blistex, carmex, chapstick, burt's bees...these are made to keep you coming back for more AVOID THEM!!What is wrong with my lips?
could be u're used to using chapstick %26amp; when u don't use it, ur lips become dry.
Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration can cause cracked sore lips. My little girl gets it when she is poorly and not drinking enough. Up the water and down the coffee. Keep using the Blistex.

No comments:

Post a Comment